What you should know about the information on this site
This website is operated by a group of passionate volunteers who enjoy drinking and promoting great beer, cider, pubs and breweries in North east England.
As such, despite our best efforts, it is possible that some information on this website may be out of date.
As a result:
- The operators of this website cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions.
- Any reliance you place on information found on this site or linked to on other websites will be at your own risk.
- The operators of this website, its agents and employees, are not liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of this site.
What you should know about the other sites we link to
Links contained in this website will lead to other websites. Although checked regularly, they are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using the information or services on linked websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time.
This website does not endorse or favour any specific commercial product or business. A link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement. If a website is not linked to, this does not mean or imply that it is unsatisfactory.
We make every effort to check and test this website during production. However, we would advise you to run an anti-virus program on anything you download from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data caused by using this website.
This website and the use of it is governed by English law and English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes connected to this website.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these CannyBevvy.com web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by CannyBevvy.com.
In accessing CannyBevvy.com’s web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use.
Except where expressly stated otherwise, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these CannyBevvy.com web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of CannyBevvy.com.
So don’t make us sue you. Honestly, we’d rather be down the pub.
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file that is placed on a user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie and the most common are often referred to as ‘session’ cookies. These are used to keep track of information needed by a user as they travel from page to page within a website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a few minutes of the user leaving the site.
We use benign, short lived ‘session’ cookies and ‘first party’ cookies to tell whether a website user has logged-in and where to find details that can be used to pre-fill parts of on-line forms. They are also used to track anonymously which areas of the site are popular and which are not used. This allows us to target carefully our website resources.
Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)
(Amendment) Regulations 2011
We’d also like to tell you that if you’d like to opt out of having Google Analytics collect anonymous information about your browsing (though it really does help us create a better website for you if you don’t) then you can find more information about how to do so at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Or for more information about blocking cookies using your web browser then take a look at:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/ Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/